Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cheap Pinot

Rex Goliath Pinot Noir
$9.99
Shane’s Notes

Several people told me that this was a great, cheap Pinot. Well, it was definitely cheap. The aroma showed cedar and sweet strawberry. The palate was sweet and perfumey with a hint of cola. The flavors were tough to discern because they disappeared rather quickly. My main complaint with this wine is that it had that thick, sickly, sweet texture that I associate with cheap wines. I don’t know what creates this texture, but it literally makes me sick. I couldn’t even finish a glass of this wine. Jen offered a meek defense of the Rex Goliath saying that it wasn’t too bad, but she wouldn’t buy it again either. We recommend spending a bit more money and picking up the Clos du Bois Pinot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home