Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Guigal doesn’t Giggle

2004 E. Guigal Condrieu
Jen's Notes
$49.99

I submit that if a Condrieu were a human being, it would giggle. More specifically, SHE would giggle. I think of it as a sweet, pretty young thing that is perhaps a bit shy, certainly blushes a lot, and would most assuredly giggle if you said something witty or a bit risqué.

With that it mind, you will know just what I mean when I say Guigal's Condrieu did not giggle. Though it was well made, and I liked it okay, it did not impress me in the way our other Condrieus have done (which were, admittedly, hovering at about one and a half times the price). This one was minerally and austere, more tart than expected, and did not have the ethereal floral perfume or flavors that I so enjoy in fine Viognier. This is definitely one area where you should spend a bit (or even a lot) more to get the ultimate experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home