Friday, January 12, 2007

A Red Vanilla Bomb

2004 Los Vascos Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
$15.99
Shane’s Notes

I met a friend at the Warriors game on Saturday for some tailgating. I took a bottle of the Los Vascos Reserve Cabernet, because Jen and I really enjoyed it the last time we had a bottle. I was very embarrased when a few sips revealed that this particular bottle was a vanilla bomb with just a touch of spice on the finish. I had to apologize for bringing such a lousy bottle of wine. It turns out that Jen and I had the 2003 while this bottle was from 2004. It’s a good lesson in how a vintage can make a difference and in how the Americans aren’t the only ones guilty of overoaking wine (Los Vascos is owned by none other than Barons de Rothschild - Lafite).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home