Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Peach and Sweet Spices

2005 Dr. Loosen Riesling Spatlese, Erdener Treppchen
$24.00
Jen’s Notes

This is one we'd try ageing to get some of the sweetness off. But don't get me wrong, it is perfectly delightful now. I tend to think I drink Rieslings precisely for the slightly guilty pleasure of enjoying a sweet wine. I often want to slurp them down, but I make myself drink them slowly. More than being a "sweet wine," the best of German Rieslings are, to my way of thinking anyway, the best examples of what terroir really means.

Oh. Wait. We're actually supposed to be posting tasting notes, aren't we? Sorry about that. Here goes: this wine initially showed sweet florals and a slight tang. Not a whole lot of minerality here, but it is very focused and evolves nicely on the palate, ultimately giving up peach and sweet spices, with a slight dash of pineapple on the finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home