Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our First (and Last) Didier Dagueneau

2005 Didier Dagueneau Fume de Pouilly
$45.99
Shane’s Notes

I violated two of my personal rules when I bought this wine – 1) never spend more than $30 for a Sauvignon Blanc and 2) quit buying Pouilly Fume (I much prefer the grassy/green bean style of the Marlborough SB’s). However, I keep hearing that Didier is the master of SB, so I decided to try one of his wines.

Jen agreed with me on this one – it’s good but not worth the price. It is very smooth and very well made. It is definitely the best Pouilly Fume we’ve tasted. The palate is concentrated and steely. The primary flavors are lemon and lime. I would have really enjoyed it if it had been half the price. I think I’ll stick to Cloudy Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home