Friday, September 07, 2007

It's all Greek to Me

2005 Roditis, Lafazanis Estate, Peleponnese, Greece
11.99
Jen’s Notes

I tasted this one blind, Shane being understandably cautious about just handing me a Greek wine. With its pretty straw color and herbal nose, however, I figured early on that we were in for a treat. It wasn't a subtle or complex wine; instead it was full of concentrated and juicy peach flavors with a slight creaminess underneath. A dash of woody spices and a medium length finished wrapped things up nicely. The evolution in the glass from a very racy/zesty and slightly closed wine into this gorgeous fruit bomb told me it was a very well-made wine indeed. Naturally, I found it so good I suspected it must be French.

My gut feeling was that it was a Chenin Blanc, but part of me thought Shane would get a QPR viognier, knowing my love for the ethereal and spendy Condrieu. I pegged it at about $12-$16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home