Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Bit Green for our Taste...

2004 Forman Chardonnay
Napa Valley
$34.99
Jen's Notes

For a long time, one of my hallmark Chardonnays had been Ric Forman’s, and I was curious to revisit it after having tried some seriously excellent contenders, such as Newton and Sinskey.

The aromas are overwhelmingly tropical, with the barest hint of mineral underneath. Initially, the palate was tight, hinting only at green apple and zesty citrus. As the wine opened, we detected kiwi, fig, and slightly more richness.

This is an excellent, well-made wine, and a perfect example of the racier, cleaner style of Chardonnay that sometimes comes out of Napa. However, I have found that as I taste more and more Chardonnays, I often want greater complexity and something a touch softer, creamier and rich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home