Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Peppery White

2004 Marques de Caceres
Rioja
$4.99
Jen’s Notes

A white wine front Rioja? You betcha! This interesting wine shows scents of lemon and freshly mown grass, which, come to think of it, reminds me of my childhood backyard in L.A., with our lemon tree and dad taking a beer break after a morning of yard work.

But I digress. In addition to its summery scents, the wine is a pretty, light golden color. The palate includes pronounced citrus flavors; although these seem a bit sharp initially, a hint of pear rounds them out mid-palate. The whole experience ends with a very peppery finish.

We had a bit of foolishness with our Rabbit corkscrew; the worm went in and out of the cork a couple of times without successfully pulling it. When we finally got it out with our two-pronged cork extractor, we noted a brand of cork we had never seen before: SupremeCorq®, made of a rubbery tan plastic material. Impressed as I am with their use of the letter 'q', I encourage our readers to join me in referring to all plastic corks as “plorqs.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home