Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Lesson in Evolution

2004 Valtorto
Shane’s Notes
$7.99

When we initially drank this together, neither of us was too impressed. It showed a little dark fruit but that was about it. The palate was pretty tight and didn’t reveal much. We drank about ¾’s of the bottle and then Jen went to bed. I stayed up and played video games and drank the rest about 45 minutes later. The wine had opened so much that I almost didn’t even recognize it. It was very port-like. The dark fruit flavor was now complemented by a rich, creamy vanilla flavor (to my palate, this is the characteristic Krohn style) and reminded me of their 1994 Colheita. Usually, I’m not a fan of vanilla in wine, but I have to admit that I really like the flavor in the Krohn wines. This was a very tasty quaffer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home